Seite 1 von 1
Autor
Nachricht

:: Ensign ::

Beitrag #11611 Verfasst: Dienstag 3. Oktober 2017, 11:49

msh format found
Hi guys. I was surfing AN 2 files again and found some models which are not encrypted(I think). I am talking about some models which using format .msh instead of .msb but again, we need some kind of plugin to open this models. And msbtox can't convert it.

Maybe from this .msh file we can figure out how to export and import models to AquaNox? I mean, someone can figure, cause I am dumb at programming and math's stuff. And in these files maybe there is coordinates for UVmap.

Code of part of sizzler weapon:
https://pastebin.com/GkdRwSGy

Beitrag #11612 Verfasst: Mittwoch 4. Oktober 2017, 08:11

Re: msh format found
So I tried to make a simple box(I edited coordinates in code, I didn't use any 3d programs) and put it in game. I replaced Strega's ship with this box. Yeah, it looks so small, cause I didn't know that it would be so small.

It works! But with some glitches...maybe cause I did it a little bit wrong. You can see this glitch on upper-left side of screen, on "lock on" menu.
All polygons are in model, but some of them are flipped to other side.

Screenshots are here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1157284391
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1157284385

It's not textured, cause I don't understand how to apply texture on a model using only code. And I don't understand some things in code, such as: "G","P0", "P1", "P2" under [Polygon] section. I think with this we can make custom models for ships and other stuff, but again we need someone who can write plugin to make models easily.

Code of box model:

https://pastebin.com/Lu7hc7K2

:: Hausmeister ::

Beitrag #11622 Verfasst: Mittwoch 11. Oktober 2017, 15:52

I remember Godgell and me replaced one of the multiplayer maps once in Aquanox once. I think we only got it working locally, not on a server, but that was a very long time ago, and I allmost certainly don't have the files anymore, sorry.

Beitrag #11623 Verfasst: Donnerstag 12. Oktober 2017, 07:01

Wow, really? I wanna see it, but you don't have it. Maybe you remember how to do this?

Interesting about terrain for maps, I think game building terrain by special textures.

:: Hausmeister ::

Beitrag #11626 Verfasst: Montag 16. Oktober 2017, 21:58

I don't think I have any of the old files, but I can see if I can help you have any specific problems. You may have figured this out by now, but AN and AN2 load files from the filesystem before the .pak files, if you put the contents in the same directory as they are in the pak.

The heightmaps were a type of tif encoding that GIMP could make when I fiddled with the settings. There is a lua-script file to control each mission. It contains a lot of stuff that isn't immediately obvious, so I may have to look at one again, to recap.

/edit: I didn't know GodGell uploaded his stuff to ModDB, and I have just had a look at it. Very nice.

Beitrag #11667 Verfasst: Samstag 14. April 2018, 18:56

Hi, Rikki. I tested my own heightmaps, it's working. Now I am curious about collusion files for models. Is there any way to edit them? Did GodGell try to edit these files? Cause I am thinking to write plugin for model exporting, but it would be good only for HUD models, for ships it would be useless without collusion editing.

:: Lt. Junior Grade ::

Beitrag #13292 Verfasst: Freitag 3. März 2023, 14:43

Hier ist ein neuer 3ds Max Exporter für Aquanox 1 und 2, mit dem beliebige Modelle in .msh Dateien und danach ins Spiel eingebaut werden können. Das Script ist relativ unfertig und meine begrenzte Kenntnis von MaxScript und Zeitmangel erlauben es mir nicht, jeden Bug auszumerzen, aber grundsätzlich sollte fast alles damit fehlerfrei machbar sein. Wenn dazu fragen bestehen, einfach kontaktieren.
//
This is a new exporter for 3ds Max that can create Aquanox 1 and 2 compatible .msh files. The script is unfinished and contains bugs, but it should be possible to export almost everything without large problems. You can contact me if you have questions about the usage.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5kc3yb3aipm6 ... ox.ms?dl=0

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde . Aktuelle Zeit: Dienstag 19. März 2024, 12:22.

Seite 1 von 1

Druckansicht