Seite 2 von 2
Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2
Autor
Nachricht

:: Ensign ::

Beitrag #10106 Verfasst: Mittwoch 13. März 2013, 06:30

Re: looking for information
Wow, if I'd come across this thread earlier I could have told you the stats of the Hydra and the Stingray.

But in any case, since you're extracting the assets from AQ1 and 2, could you share how to do so in a public guide? I still have the "unMassivePak" utility but don't know how to get it to work with the Steam versions of AQ1 and 2. I'd like to extract the soundtracks of those games and their sound effects for mods of my own.

Any chance you'll make the ships more unique? I don't like how every ship in AQ2 can equip every weapon and component, for instance.

:: Lt. Junior Grade ::

Beitrag #10112 Verfasst: Freitag 15. März 2013, 23:50

quote:

Mazryonh hat geschrieben:
Wow, if I'd come across this thread earlier I could have told you the stats of the Hydra and the Stingray.

Have the information for all weapon systems from AD through to AQ2, plus a few extra old designs of my own to be added! ;)

quote:

But in any case, since you're extracting the assets from AQ1 and 2, could you share how to do so in a public guide? I still have the "unMassivePak" utility but don't know how to get it to work with the Steam versions of AQ1 and 2. I'd like to extract the soundtracks of those games and their sound effects for mods of my own.

There is a good guide online for this, I believe there's a link on the forums for it.

quote:

Any chance you'll make the ships more unique? I don't like how every ship in AQ2 can equip every weapon and component, for instance.

Submarine designs will use the old AD setup, but will has Mass/Engine Power effects, e.g. the more heavy equipment/weapons you throw in you submarine the slower it's get to top speed. But in saying that you'll have options to upgrade engines and propulsion systems, plus be able to mount boosters to help accelerate to top speed faster.

Plan to have modules available not only for combat, but also for survaying, mining, cargo handling. But you have to remember that your submarine maybe able to mount the module, but not be able to use it to its full capibilities.

And something fun in the plans is ground vehicles. This will be much later, to start with they'll be AI only.

Beitrag #10113 Verfasst: Freitag 15. März 2013, 23:53

Oh....

Almost forgot.....

All factions from all 3 games will be included, plus a few more (based on Lore), but some may not be available to play.

:: Ensign ::

Beitrag #10115 Verfasst: Sonntag 17. März 2013, 07:43

quote:

DragoFire hat geschrieben:
Submarine designs will use the old AD setup, but will has Mass/Engine Power effects, e.g. the more heavy equipment/weapons you throw in you submarine the slower it's get to top speed. But in saying that you'll have options to upgrade engines and propulsion systems, plus be able to mount boosters to help accelerate to top speed faster.

Plan to have modules available not only for combat, but also for surveying, mining, cargo handling. But you have to remember that your submarine maybe able to mount the module, but not be able to use it to its full capibilities.

Wow, those sound like great features that should not have been cut out of Aquanox. Still, I hope that you enforce some sort of space limit--there's no way the Salty Dog from AQ2 can carry the same sized-components (or even the same number of similarly-sized components) as the Mighty Maggie from that game.

Also, are you going to add muzzle flash effects tied to the actual gun barrels on the models this time? I didn't like how we don't see those kinds of effects on subs in Aquanox 1 and 2, or the fact that subs without turrets didn't have gun barrels or even holes to fire their forward-facing weapons and torpedoes out of. Seeing that would be a lot less visually jarring to me.

Beitrag #10118 Verfasst: Montag 18. März 2013, 00:21

quote:

quote:

DragoFire hat geschrieben:

Plan to have modules available not only for combat, but also for surveying, mining, cargo handling. But you have to remember that your submarine maybe able to mount the module, but not be able to use it to its full capibilities.

Wow, those sound like great features that should not have been cut out of Aquanox. Still, I hope that you enforce some sort of space limit--there's no way the Salty Dog from AQ2 can carry the same sized-components (or even the same number of similarly-sized components) as the Mighty Maggie from that game.

The way I look at it, things like Torpedo, weapons and Buzzers would be limited to space and size of submarine.

But Powerplants, sensors, repair units, armour and propusion don't as these are upgrades to the current installed equipment, e.g. each engine upgrade is removing old tech compenants and adding new ones, like a car engine. Remove the carb. and add fuel injection improves the power output and fuel usage of the same engine, add a turbo increases it even more, throw a supercharger on and you improve the low-end power output and acceleration, then add nitro injection to provide huge acceration for short periods. And even add a basic water injection system increases fuel eff. and power output. All else additions to the engine adds very little to the mass of the engine, but adds so much to power output and fuel eff.

quote:

Also, are you going to add muzzle flash effects tied to the actual gun barrels on the models this time? I didn't like how we don't see those kinds of effects on subs in Aquanox 1 and 2, or the fact that subs without turrets didn't have gun barrels or even holes to fire their forward-facing weapons and torpedoes out of. Seeing that would be a lot less visually jarring to me.

Yes this would be fixed, Torpedos and Buzzers would launch from a fix proxy location and the same to guns and turrent guns. Hit locations would be used also, this would mean you could damage a propusion unit on one side and the submarine would start spinning due to the out of balance in it's propusion. Note this would only effect that direction, not the other three (directions are forward/back, up/down, port/starboard, roll and pitch). So if enemy stops that direction thrust they could use the others to still move and turn.

Beitrag #10167 Verfasst: Samstag 13. April 2013, 23:04

Update.

Slowly compiling details and data about everything and anything I can locate on Aqua as a whole. Factions, cities, submarines, weapons, people, locations, and story lines (plus sub-plots).

Currently designing and making 3d models of city internal key locations and then will add addtional city areas to link them together to allow easy access between them all. Once happy with one I'll post a image and maybe a video.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde . Aktuelle Zeit: Donnerstag 28. März 2024, 14:29.

Seite 2 von 2
Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2

Druckansicht